Well when I say all done, I did contemplate square plinths in the corner to put skulls on. Part of me wants to add plants on the outer wall to add a bit of brighter colour. But this would cause problems with bits getting knocked off.
I can fit two of the smaller pyramids into the same space provided that they sit diagonally front to back.
I decided to see how the pyramid worked with 10mm too. I am happy with the results.
I felt my Amazon’s were a good army for a funky pyramid, well that and they were the only ones I had to hand. 🙄
I gave the whole thing a smack with a ball of silver foil to give it a bit of texture. Not that you can really see it in these photos
For this build the paint was mixed 50/50 with PVA. This helps the craft paint adhere to the polystyrene. I also made up my own Sepia wash with water out of the condenser dryer, some sepia ink and a drop of detergent (I was too lazy to go back out to the shed for the proper stuff).
Guess who shook it vigorously to mix everything together? Three hours later there are still bubbles! Once this was dry a gave it a quick dry brush to lighten it back up again.
I decided against doing it the same colour as the Pyramid as it would look better with a bit of a colour change.
The Dry brush colour is the same as the temple.
Finally, I was going to add a terracotta tile pattern in the plaza, but decided against it as it would be a lot of work for very little gain.
Tomorrow I will probably flock up the troops and then who knows….
Azazel’s monthly challenge is something mechanical…. off the top if my head I have…
6mm Post Apocalyptic vehicles
15mm Flames of War tanks
20mm Dark Future Vehicles.
I may have a blast at some of them (but really should finish the Mongols) 🤔