Amazon’s All Finished

I wanted these finished tonight and managed to do so.

Well when I say finished, I suddenly noticed all of the glaring errors in the photo above. If nothing else, the saddle on the sitting camel needs a wash and a highlight.

I was right about the bases being finished would help distinguish the figures, but I think I am going to repaint all of the spears etc something like a bone colour to give a better contrast.

The camels look like this:

And the infantry like this:

I really do think I need the lighter colour on the spears etc more for aesthetic’s than anything else. The other thing I need to paint is the bier that the queen is sitting on. I evidently totally forgot to paint it.

These certainly aren’t going to win any prizes but they are done in two evenings. So success on that front.

I had a look for my other Amazon’s and this is all I found!

I am totally perplexed as to where the rest have gone.

I am now beginning to wonder whether or not I imagined painting up an army, either that or I painted them up for somebody else.

Tomorrow I am off to Aberdeen on the first flight off Island, this means a wake up at 05.00… I am seriously not looking forward to that!

Advertisements

Amazon’s Finished….sort of

I wanted these completely finished tonight…

I failed 😢

The figures are all done, However the bases need finishing.

I decided to paint the bases brown, which has actually meant the figures have sort of become lost.

I reckon that once I get some flock on then it should brighten the bases up and show of the figures a bit better.

I decided on a red and white planked shield look, but to be honest I don’t know whether it is too much or not.

Tomorrow I will get the bases finished off. I just remembered how I did this method in the past. Get the sand onto the bases before painting…isn’t hindsight a great thing 🙄.

Bare Naked Ladies and a Horde of Camels

I decided my Amazon’s would be next

This was simply because there were less of them and also they were less detailed than the Mongols. I decided that I needed to ease myself into painting 10mm again as it has been about three years or so since I did.

These were base coated black…

Foundry Bay brown (b) was put on as a heavy dry brush. After that a lighter dry brush of Bay brown (c). The difference can be seen in the photo below.

I mixed up the lighter Bay brown with some GW Cadian flesh. I think I overdid the light drybrush as they came out a bit lighter than I wanted.

The two slaves carrying the queen are meant to be a lighter skin tone. My first set of these are Caucasian with blonde hair, I wanted this lot to be different. They have obviously captured some of the hated white hair tribe….

I finished tonight’s session by painting all the hair black. Tomorrow I will hopefully crack on with the weapons and camels.

Once the weapons are done I reckon they will look a lot better. That and getting something onto the bases to hide the black.

I am wanting these all finished before I fly down to Aberdeen on Tuesday morning.