Tonight I decided that my printed Japanese Walls had sat long enough, so I sat down to give them a lick of paint. As I had the paint out anyway I set about the houses too.
These were painted in Artist’s Acrylics, still a fair old bit to go, but. They are definitely beyond thee grey undercoat. I will get washes. On them as well as paint in all of the timbers on the buildings.
I am rather pleased with the way they they have turned out so far.
So the walls finished overnight only one failure and to be honest I don’t actually know what it is 😂. I had to do some speedy repairs to save the bottom left gate. Luckily two layers of the blue tape pretty much matched the base that had pinged.
The other problem I had was stringing. Before I went to bed I bumped the temperature up about 10 degrees. I think it was too much. I used to do this over the colder months, so just automatically did it last night.
When I did the test print I had no stringing, so I reckon the change in temperature was the problem. Easy enough solved with a lighter…
I have been busy constructing the sitootery again today. It was meant to be heavy rain, but thankfully we had a couple of twenty minute drizzling and that was it. Strong winds are forecast tomorrow so I might not get any more done.
Tonight I finished the monks, added some of the tufts I made, rather than add the ones I bought as they are totally different. They are nice and irregular shaped, but wouldn’t match in with the ones before.
The other thing I did was to work on some of the 3DAlienWorlds walls. Rather than print then build I decided to build in 3D builder and then print them. This was a bit fiddly. Once the tops and bottoms were merged I Shrank them down to about 16% and printed them. This is them in the foreground.
Now I felt that they were a bit small so I bumped them up to 130%… Seen at the back of the photo below.as
As these are a bit tricky to see, I put them side by side.
Personally I prefer the larger one, but wondered what other people thought. The Files are saved so it isn’t a problem to bump them up,. Part of me thinks make them a bit larger again as a man on a horse would never get out of that gate 😂
Today I put my resin fish to good use and made some jewellery.
I had a lot of fish (and a turtle) hence the number of pendants and soon to be pendants..
These were nice and relaxing to do.
Basically a layer of cured resin and then some basing sand, more resin then the fish or whatever with the foliage., more resin then some of the leaves I made ages ago and then topped off with more resin.
Me doing this caused pretty much the rest of the family to want to do something too. So my youngest is going to do a pond inside a box. My wife and eldest are doing something in a couple of clean jars. So all in all my messing around ended up being a six hour crafting session.
So today I decided that I needed to get some water into the ponds and paddy fields and here is the result…
I added clear to the ponds then put a couple of drops of sepia ink into the paddy fields. This is the first time I think I have used a two part resin. I have used other stuff years ago… so absolutely no idea what his will end up like.
I also got all the miniatures and buildings coated in a couple of layers of Matt varnish. The shrine and fences have been coated too.
Hopefully by tomorrow I will know whether the resin pour worked 🤞
If it has I will get these flocked up to go with the miniatures. Soon I will be moving onto these.
Tonight I got a bit of a wiggle on and got some more done on the fences…
I have misplaced the foam flock that I used on the village roofs. I wanted it for the Tori and the Buddha. Hopefully it will turn up tomorrow.
The minis and houses have all had two blasts of gloss varnish. I will give them a blast with the Matt one tomorrow.
I also found a pile more 6mm fantasy, some Irregular miniatures Lizardmen and wood elves I think. I also have the sons of Set army too which would probably go well with the Samurai as they are the fantasy version of them.
WordPress is eventually costing me money as I ran out of space last night. I really never expected that day to come, I will just have to take less photos or blog less often….nah, I have two years to fill up 6GB… challenge accepted 😂
I printed another couple of road sections. Two slight curves, I can also do 90 degree curves too. At the minute I am printing off the start sections that move it from the tabletop to the road height. You can also see the rice paddies in all their glory.