Another band name, for when the first one falls out over artistic differences 😂
Tonight was pretty much spent painting hats on 6mm miniatures, then repainting white for faces, then repainting hats where the white went onto them then… well I think you get the picture!
So to save my sanity and eyesight I nipped our to the shed and grabbed the Ronin. I gave them some quick paint jobs as well as did a smidge more on the Oni.
Still a fair old way to go on them, but at least I have made a start. I really do like these miniatures. Each is different, so they are ideal for skirmish gaming. My box of new stuff arrived today, but I have been very good and handed it over to my wife for safe keeping until my Birthday. Just over two weeks to wait, so not too bad.
Well if I ever form a band then I think I have just found the name…
Tonight I did some more work on the 6mm miniatures. You can’t really see where I have been, but they all have had the purple wash, most have had white added back in for faces, as well as white being put onto the legs etc.
To save my sanity, I decided that I would take a break so made a start on the Battle Valour Oni.
These are nearly finished, really just the weapons and items on the belts to do. Hopefully these will get finished tomorrow.
So today I decided that I needed to get some water into the ponds and paddy fields and here is the result…
I added clear to the ponds then put a couple of drops of sepia ink into the paddy fields. This is the first time I think I have used a two part resin. I have used other stuff years ago… so absolutely no idea what his will end up like.
I also got all the miniatures and buildings coated in a couple of layers of Matt varnish. The shrine and fences have been coated too.
Hopefully by tomorrow I will know whether the resin pour worked 🤞
If it has I will get these flocked up to go with the miniatures. Soon I will be moving onto these.
Tonight I got a bit of a wiggle on and got some more done on the fences…
I have misplaced the foam flock that I used on the village roofs. I wanted it for the Tori and the Buddha. Hopefully it will turn up tomorrow.
The minis and houses have all had two blasts of gloss varnish. I will give them a blast with the Matt one tomorrow.
I also found a pile more 6mm fantasy, some Irregular miniatures Lizardmen and wood elves I think. I also have the sons of Set army too which would probably go well with the Samurai as they are the fantasy version of them.
WordPress is eventually costing me money as I ran out of space last night. I really never expected that day to come, I will just have to take less photos or blog less often….nah, I have two years to fill up 6GB… challenge accepted 😂
I decided to get the Battle Valour minis stuck onto their bases this evening. I have the half dozen Oni who will become something for my monster hunters to hunt down. I may get some of the other beasties that Battle Valour have.
I was going to get some of the buildings done tonight, but it never happened. Hopefully I will get some more done tomorrow evening.
On the home front, my wife got a message to call her boss this morning, even though she has a meeting with him tomorrow. As you can imagine we were fearing the worst, but thankfully he asked her to come back to work starting onWednesday. She will still be working from home, but the problem we have now is how to get the kids work done from their school.
So that is it, the miniatures are all painted and based. I need to get the bases sealed with watered down PVA and then everything varnished. But thank the lord for that. These have been a bit of a chore, but at least they are finished.
These seem to have taken a lot longer than I thought they would. I suppose in all honesty I have been making and painting the terrain that came off the printer, so it isn’t really surprising.
Tomorrow I will get on with buildings and hopefully get them sorted soon.