Today has been, what can best be described as, bitty.
The walls were nice and dry so I gave them an undercoat of grey primer, only to find I still had enough desert yellow in the can, so they got a blast with that too when the grey had dried.
Once the undercoat had cured, I gave the walls a wash with home made sepia wash with a home made black wash over the top of that.
Once the wash has dried, I will get going with some dry brushing.
When that is done it will get some vegetation added. This will be a mix of green and desert yellowish colours. The green will be used as crops etc on the inside of the walls as these areas would be watered.
The small well for the village can be seen in the middle of the walls.
The other thing I managed to do was make some support materials for the game…
Firstly I printed off a simple map for the Battle of Sidi Rezegh which took place in late 1941. I also added a pile of photos showing various axis and allied tanks in operation Crusader.
The other thing I wanted to do was a cheat sheet for the gamers and lo and behold I came across these.
This has certainly saved me a shit load of work… so a big thank you goes to:
He (I reckon he is called Sean) added PDF’s to the page, which means I can get it sorted super quickly. His had metal in between the paper to make them magnetic. I am going to print dashboards out on the 3D printer. Each one will take over 5 and a half hours each. I am kicking of with them tomorrow. Tonight I am printing off the WaT Universal tool. I am printing off six, these are taking me a couple of hours to do (in total thankfully). They still have an hour to go so no photos until tomorrow 😉. Hopefully you can keep your excitement in check until tomorrow evening. 😁