Well, as I can’t print anything, more on that later, I decided to paint something. The nearest thing to hand were the statues.
I bet you can’t tell which one was done with the lowest resolution 😉. To be honest I could have binned it but decided against it as it is a weathered stone statue. The photo was taken quite closely, but at a metre away the lines don’t really show that much. I will get a green wash around the bottom to show damp. I did consider covering some in creepers etc, but I am not so sure. In the past I have used string, died a shitty brown and soaked in PVA. This is draped over things and left to dry. Once dry ‘leaves’ are added. The problem is it can look either: ok, good or totally crap. Probably why I am not going to bother.
These statues came from Thingiverse for free, but as I have printed a fair bit from Terrain4Print, I decided to help him out through Patreon.
Still coughing my guts up, but thankfully not as much as yesterday.
Regarding the printer, as I said yesterday, I contacted the manufacturer through Amazon, they came back this morning asking for further information through photos or videos. I have sent these back to their technicians and we will have to see what they come back with.
Tomorrow I will probably spray the desert houses and make a start on them this weekend.
in a total change of direction (and doing my bit for Shetland Tourism) the Northern lights are out…
Picking them up on the Sumburgh cliff cameras